Sunday, September 14, 2008

Screen Capture


My screen capture shows Activity 1 in progress, my Facebook window up, and AIM on the side. I chose this screen because at first I had a little difficulty with Activity 1 and what I needed to do. I have never had a blog before so I was slightly confused at first. My Facebook window was also up because it always serves as a great distraction from my homework. I am also logged on to AIM on this screen because this also serves as a distraction for me. As you can tell, I rarely finish a task in one try at home because I allow myself to multitask on other things that are not as important.


Composing changes shape and is very different in digital spaces. Working on tasks on a computer is usually very different from hand writing things. For example, using a word processor is different from writing it by hand because spell check instantly highlights any possible errors and counts words. Emailing also makes a big difference if I were to have questions regarding an assignment. It makes it possible to send a message immediately. In addition to that, rather than drawing out pictures, we can simply browse the internet and paste them on our piece of work.


We can better understand the digital composing process by using it more and more and by viewing others’ work. With the internet and computers being such a huge part of the world and growing every day, it is very important that we do our best to become adapted, aware of, and appreciate and recognize the digital composing process. Making sure to keep up to date on new additions and advances will make a big difference in our knowledge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use Facebook and AIM as a distraction too! It seems like whenever I need to do homework, I usually find something better to occupy my time :)

Denise said...

i love you blog name1 very creative. and your screen capture is what i think you will find on a typical college students computer. i am also a facebook addict whenever i am on! so i can relate on that part.